Thursday, January 27, 2011

SO....let's recap

The end of the trip is near.  Since all we are doing is eating and swimming(and there won't be pics of that!!) I probably won't post again.  If I have an extreme wardrobe malfunction I will post it so don't panic. 
I will end with my top five experiences of this trip.  It was a busy trip and we saw quite a bit but I will narrow it down

5. Driving on the "wrong" side of the road in South Africa.  I'm pretty sure we were near death at least 3 times but it was really fun.  It also gave me a good excuse to yell at Bob about his driving. 

4. The temples and tombs in Egypt.  It is unreal to see these and know when they were built. 

3. Wandering around the streets of Cairo.  Old Cairo was really beautiful. 

2.  The wildlife preserves in South Africa.  It's nice to see an animal in their own habitat.

1.  The Princess Donia and her crew.  Traveling on the Nile in a Dahabeeyah(which means golden boat) 
is the way to see the Nile.  If you are on a larger ship it is not quiet and you can't hear the sounds on shore.  When the sails were up it was a majestic boat.  It's a once in a lifetime experience.  The company that arranges trips with them http://www.orientaltoursegypt.com/ were a pleasure to deal with and made sure we were always safe in Egypt. 


The people of South Africa and Egypt were both very welcoming and nice.  When you say you are from the United States they always mention Obama.  One man said "you are from the United States of Obama."  It seems he is well loved in the world.  I say this every trip but will say it again.  I never sense a dislike of Americans.  If you respect people anywhere they will return the favor. 

I'm off to a "modern" mall to see what's in style here and get my bearings back.  See you all next week!! 



I

No comments:

Post a Comment